Salt Lake Uber & Lyft Ride Share Accident Lawyer
As ridesharing has become popular with the young, old, families and friends so has the number of injuries from utilizing a ridesharing service, in Salt Lake, such as Lyft or Uber.
While ridesharing is convenient and economical it has changed transportation. There are now more vehicles on the roadways, and often the ridesharing driver is tired, distracted from using the GPS handheld device, poorly trained and not properly screened by the ridesharing company.
What Happens If I Am Involved in an Accident with an Uber or Lyft Vehicle?
Ridesharing accidents are different from other auto accident cases. First, what insurance policy covers the accident. This depends on what the driver was doing at the time. There are four scenarios to analyze when involved with a ridesharing vehicle:
- If you are a passenger in an Uber or Lyft vehicle and the driver of another vehicle is at fault, then you may file a claim for your injuries against the at fault driver’s insurance. However, you must have more than $3,000.00 in medical expenses.
- On the other hand, if the Uber or Lyft driver is at fault and on their way to pick up a passenger, or if they have a passenger, then you will be dealing with the ridesharing company’s insurance policy.
Suggestions For a Passenger for Dealing with an Uber or Lyft Accident
- Obtain a copy of the police report or police report number.
- If you are not seriously injured take pictures.
- Obtain medical care from a doctor.
- Keep copies of all medical reports, records and other information.
- Consult with and retain an attorney if you are injured.
- File your claim for no-fault benefits.
Let Us Help You. Contact us online for a consultation or 801-272-9100.